1. Our Christmas jigsaw arrived and I have been eyeing the picture and forming strategies! Today is the big day - we will crack it open and work on it over Christmas. B and I are both very excited! This Puzzle is 'Merry Christmas' by House of Puzzles, from Jigsaw Puzzles Direct.
2. The birds seem to have woken up this week: they have started quietly twittering, cooing and cawing at dawn. Perhaps signifying an early spring - or is that just wishful thinking?
3. Switching on Christmas lights on cold, dark mornings with the fragrance of coffee coming from the kitchen.
4. Today is the solstice: the winter one always seems so mysterious and Harry Potter with half light all day, especially if the sky is overcast like it is right now. Very Scottish.
5. A lorry load of Brussels sprouts overturned in Rosyth - it was amazing to see the road heaped in dunes of seasonal veg like green snow. I only hope they didn’t go to waste.
6. Christmas movies on daytime TV. I rarely sit and watch them, but it’s great to have them playing in the background.
7. Glitter and glass droplets: a bit of sparkle and gleam is required at this time of year.
Thanks for visiting, and I wish you a very happy and merry Christmas week!