1. I never get tired of the views from the Forth Rail Bridge. On one side there is the expanse of the river with twin drilling rigs in the distance towards the estuary and the North Sea, and on the other the two road bridges and views to Grangemouth, the Ochil Hills and Ben Ledi towards the west.
2. The new Queensferry Crossing is splendid. There are great views from the rail bridge, and the sight of all three bridges is stirring. I was at the opening of the Forth Road Bridge in 1964, aged 5, and remember the days of the old ferry when there was only the rail bridge - what a time to be alive this is! Visit Scotland has some great images of the three bridges here.
3. Edinburgh has begun to celebrate Christmas vibrantly, with the market and plenty of other events and attractions. See what’s on at Edinburgh’s Christmas.
4. The massive St James project is going to be so exciting and impressive when it is done. It has a brilliant website here.
5. Edinburgh Trams. Their presence graces the city with a most international atmosphere; they even have their own Wikipedia page.
7. The Ingleby Gallery has acquired a beautiful building in Barony St, not far from the Open Eye.
NB: For a more enjoyable way to find information, I only link to sites which do not carry pop-up or video advertising.
Thanks for visiting, see you next week!