7 great things from the first week of the year ...
1. Brilliant winter sunshine glittering on frosted cars. The whole street looked like a gigantic decorated cake.
2. The poetry of old deserted children’s playgrounds. Children don't play in this old playground any more since a very smart new one was constructed in the park (the new one probably has more safety features!)
4. The days are already getting longer: still waiting for earlier sunrises, but today the sun sets 15 minutes later than on the winter solstice.
5. Looking after the neighbour’s cat over the holidays. She is just so cute!
6. A brand new diary. The thrill of all those pristine blank pages, full of expectation and promise. I’m using this year’s to find an interesting shape a day.
7. Washi tapes! So much fun, I bought a pack of 24 different designs from Amazon and tried them all out in my diary. I did quite a lot of work based on them over on The Weekly at Binky McKee.
Thanks for visiting, see you next week!