7 great things about Christmas decorations:
1. Good taste and British reserve are abandoned somewhere around November 25, and won't return until Burns' Night on January 25 has passed. The austerity of 12th night is just too hard.
2. Lights. Fairy lights, candles, lanterns - whatever it takes to guard against the dark days of the solstice.
3. 1950's chandeliers repurposed as sparkling crystal droplets to hang on the tree.
4. Being reunited with very dear old decorations - Bambi above is 1970s.
5. An excuse to get into Christmas food and drink. Who puts their decorations up without a glass [bottle] of bubbly?
6. Christmas films on TV. I watched White Christmas (1954) with Bing Crosby and Danny Kaye and laughed and cried. And Rosemary Clooney is one remarkable dancer (leg goals for the new year).
7. Can I buy a Christmas themed jigsaw puzzle? Of course.
Thanks for visiting, see you next week!