1. I have been listening to Upstart Crow on the BBC iPlayer while I work. A favourite episode is Wild Laughter in the Throat of Death, in which Shakespeare’s Hamlet is interpreted as a comedy by his household.
2. I heard the first blackbird sing its full song on Tuesday at dawn, such a promise of spring.
3. B went out west for the day on Wednesday, and made a video of our friend Dan and his mad spaniel on his smallholding - it was great to see them again, set against to backdrop of snowy mountains.
4. We have a mystery grey bin. Thursday week was cardboard recycling day, and after the bin lorry had been and everyone had taken their bins back in one grey bin remained - nobody knows where it came from. It’s still standing unclaimed on the corner of the street. Big news in our tight-knit community, everyone is talking about it!
5. At last, we advertised a pallet truck on Gumtree, and sold it to a local fisherman with a boat yard - we have had it hanging around unused since 2006. I’m glad it went to an exciting home where it will be put to good use after 14 years of sitting around bored and forgotten in a dark garage.
6. The weather has been wild and windy. I love the sound of the wind at night, booming down the chimney in our bedroom. It makes me feel so cosy tucked up in bed.
Thanks for visiting, see you next week!