Big changes are underway; B and I are moving house. My parents passed away (peacefully, in their 80s) over the past year, leaving the old family home of 47 years to my brother and me. My brother is happy to stay in the north of Scotland, so the plan is to buy my brother's half from him and to move back into the old childhood home and be within the orbit of Edinburgh once more. We will hopefully complete the move in the early part of 2018.
In the mean time, we are travelling between two homes and life is upside-down. Any regularity has gone out of the window (literally - B had to take most of the windows out of the house and repair them before putting them back in!)
It made sense for to me to document the days in pictures and to assemble the ones which tell the story each week, so here it is.
Left to right, starting top left:
• 10.30pm, close to the summer solstice, Dunfermline, Scotland
• Detail of drawing in progress
• Liquitex Ink! trials - staining
• Work top with Liquitex Ink! pipettes
• Washing sheets of kozu shi Japanese tissue in coffee
• Detail of coffee staining
• House clearance: a million coat-hangers (feels like a million, anyway!)
• The dog (also inherited) jumped straight through the window glass - she is fine, just cost a lot of money in vet's bills!
• Light shining through cut-work fabric
Welcome to my blog! I am an artist in Fife, Scotland, represented by the Open Eye Gallery, Edinburgh.
I have copied blog entries created under my nom-de-plume Binky McKee to their own blog. It can be found on my illustration website, Binky McKee.
PIC OF THE WEEK
Noticed this ...
Bannisters looking dynamic