• House clearance: farewell, cat tea-cosy of the '70s
• Previous work, asemic writing. I am going to start incorporating this work into my drawings.
• Old shoes (and flower drawing)
• New shoes - beautiful Irregular Choice
• Detail of Zara dress (yes, a very special family occasion is approaching)
• House clearance: charity shop boxes
• Uh-oh. Plumbing problems: B standing on the kitchen table attending the underside of the bath above
• Just an idea ...
• Revisiting old work: in 2009 and I made a series of 9 photoshopped insect photographs I took in our old porch - some themes never seem to disappear from my work. They would make great photogravure etchings.
Welcome to my blog! I am an artist in Fife, Scotland, represented by the Open Eye Gallery, Edinburgh.
I do illustrative work under the name of Binky McKee. Click the picture above for a link to fairy tales, magic, and cats doing silly things - plus a little about why I chose the name Binky!
PIC OF THE WEEK
Edinburgh College of Art's very own Athena Nike - with empty wine glasses at her feet! (not all mine).
I attended a function in the Sculpture Court this week, it was great to be able to wander about at leisure and revisit a few of my favourite things. I haven't been in the Sculpture Court for a few years, last time I was only passing through delivering work.
I drew this one so many times as a young student (the wings and clinging drapery got me back then). It was lovely to be able to stand right next to her and appreciate her body and wondrous sturdy legs!